Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Blog Homework 1.24.13


Matthew Nickerson
LIBR 1101
Blog Homework (1.24.13)

                One of the biggest discoveries I made off searching for keywords was the history of the diet that I practice. In practicing a vegetarian diet, I always thought the roots of the diet came from Asia. I found out that the history of the diet actually comes from Greece and India. One of the questions I may ask might deal with “the health benefits of a vegetarian diet”. Sources allowed me to understand that there is an abundance of information on this topic due to its connectivity with “healthcare”.
                With the topic at hand, using correct resources and databases should help me with this research project. Using engines like “Galileo” will be helpful with citations along with other scholarly databases. Informative information will be essential in this research paper.  The topic of “vegetarianism” is something more people should consider and I believe this will be beneficial to me as well as others. Excited to research something I’m actually interested in rather than a random topic. 

2 comments:

  1. I believe Hindus, particularly the Brahmin priests, are vegetarians. This might have been originated out of health reasons perhaps out of living in the tropical climate.
    But I do believe meat is necessary for protein and fiber, though if you wanted to temporally be one to lose weight, then that would be a health benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This topic is excellent. Also being that it is a new year many people have chosen to get on a diet, so there will be plenty of recent news.

    ReplyDelete